Big Learning, Huge Fun!
Girl Scout badges are a great way for a girl to explore her interests and learn new skills—and to remember every adventure and show the world what she’s accomplished.
What’s that? You’ve always wanted to…
Make your own movie, build a robot, cook food from a different country, go geocaching, sleep under the stars, write a book of short stories, plant a garden?
Invent something new, paint a masterpiece, be a good neighbor, take amazing nature photographs, make your bedroom into a jungle, run a business, go on an adventure trip?
Become a design engineer, camp with your troop, build a wooden bench, learn to play a musical instrument, or design a website?
Great news! You can learn to do all these things and earn Girl Scout badges as you go.
For more about badges, check out The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting, where you’ll find:
- A fun, easy-to-use binder (one for each grade level) full of great info and badge activities.
- An easy-to-follow diagram showing her how to put her badges, pins, and awards on her vest and sash, and show off that Girl Scout pride!
- Great ideas to help her tie badges to her Journeys.
- Illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help her feel connected to the traditions of the past.
- A super helpful awards log showing her every award and badge that’s available at her grade level. She can also see the entire badge program at every level to get an idea of how her skills can grow in Girl Scouting—so much learning, so much FUN!
And make sure to check out our rundown of National Proficiency Badges (PDF) to see how she can progress, with badges, through the levels of Girl Scouting—what an adventure!
Where to Place Insignia on a Uniform
Here’s a visual guide to where to place awards, badges, patches, and pins.