Girl Champions play a vital role in helping to spread the word about how awesome it is to be a Girl Scout! Girl Champions introduce Girl Scouting to new girls and adults throughout the community and earn service hours while doing it.
Through this program, Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors will promote Girl Scouting and agree to help recruit new girls, with the assistance of 2 Girl Scout volunteers. There are three ways to participate:
- Host a virtual or in-person* Robot Building party for girls in grades k–5
- Host a virtual GS Sign Up Night (parent information session)
- Host a community Girl Scout information table at a community event*
*must be in compliance with COVID safety guidelines
Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador girls participating as Juliette Girl Scouts, Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador troops, and multilevel troops (if older girls are guiding the program) can be go-getters and earn the Girl Champions patch by hosting one of the events listed above. By sharing their Girl Scout experience, girls will not only inspire future Girl Scouts, but also successfully demonstrate the program benefits to parents, earn service hours, and hone important life skills! Girls will:
- Discover: The girls will learn about the community and or school they are adopting and different options for recruitment activities.
- Connect: The girls will connect with their service unit community and set-up dates that work for their schedule.
- Take Action: The girls can take flyers to the schools, post yard signs, place announcements on their social media work with the SU recruiter and facilitate the event.
Girls will receive a guidance for each activity, and will have support along the way from their council Recruitment Manager.
Girls or troops participating must designate two registered and background screened adults to lead the patch program with the girls. Girls will earn a patch and one troop will be drawn for a $100 ACH gift. To register send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Girl Champion Request".