School Champions play a vital role in helping to spread the word about how awesome it is to be a Girl Scout! School Champions introduce Girl Scouting to new girls and adults within a specific school.
Through this program, troops will adopt a school in their area and…
- Share their Girl Scouting experience with other girls
- Learn more about the Girl Scout organization
- Learn marketing skills
- Get to practice leadership skills working with younger girls
Troops of 2nd year Brownies
and above (multilevel troops are eligible if older girls are guiding
the program), can be Go-Getters and earn the school champions patch
through activities listed below. Through sharing how they are a
go-getter, risk-taker, innovator, and leader, girls will not only
inspire future Girl Scouts, but also hone important skills that will
benefit them long into their bright futures!
- Discover: Your troop will learn about the school they are adopting and different options for recruitment activities.
- Connect: Your troop will connect with your designated school and set-up dates for chosen recruitment activities.
- Take Action: Your troop will bring flyers to the school, practice what will happen at the event, and then hold the actual event!
Your troop will receive a guide for each activity, and will have support along the way from your council staff Recruitment Manager.
Participating troops must designate two registered and background screened adults to lead the patch program with the girls.
- Each participating girl and adult will receive the School Champions patch
- The two adult leads will each receive their choice of incentive from designated list
- Drawing from all participating troops: one troop per county will win a $100 gift card to their choice of Walmart, Joanne’s, or Hobby Lobby
Interested troops must apply, and receive approval from council staff to begin. Flyer and paper application.