Grade Levels: AR, S, A
Location: GSWCF Camp Wildwood, 9583 Co Rd 223, Wildwood, FL 34785
Program Date: 12/1/2023 - 12/3/2023
Who Can Attend: 9th through 12th graders with registered Adults
Event Fee: $90.00 per girl; $90.00 per adult
Registration Deadline: 11/19/2023
This option is for participants who need to satisfy their CPR pre-requisite in order to take Wilderness First Aid training. The CPR add-on class will take place on Friday evening, December 1st, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM prior to the Wilderness First Aid training. Opportunities for overnight camping are available but participants must provide their own tent.
If you would like to register for the Wilderness First Aid Certification Training ONLY please click HERE.
Wilderness first aid is a generic term that commonly refers to any training course that focuses on prevention, assessment, and treatment for an ill or injured person in a remote environment where definitive care by a physician and/or rapid transport is not readily available. This course prepares participants to identify and address medical issues that can arise in the backcountry.
Completion of this course includes two full days (16 hrs) of training.
This training is for both girls 14 & up, and adults.
- Differentiate between wilderness first aid and standard first aid
- Understand the primary and secondary patient assessment
- Identify signs, symptoms, and treatment for shock and heart attack
- Treatment and care of soft tissue injuries specifically; cuts, scrapes, lacerations, punctures, avulsions, blisters, and burns
- Identify signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal injuries specifically; sprains, strains, fractures, and dislocations, and how to immobilize these injuries
- Care for patients with environmental emergencies such as hypothermia, hyperthermia, bites, stings, and lightning
- Recognize and treat anaphylaxis reactions
- Identify signs, symptoms, and treatment for patients with potential head or spinal injuries
The sessions will be as follows:
Friday, December 1st, 2023 (6:00 p.m. 8:30 p.m.)
Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
All girls are welcome to attend this event but must be accompanied by a registered adult member. If the adult is not her parent/guardian, the chaperone must also have a valid background check.
Adults must register for this event if they will be attending.
Will be sent out two weeks before the event start date. Please print, complete, sign, and bring with you to check-in at the event. If you are not attending with your Girl Scout, please be sure to send the completed documents with her or the chaperone in charge.
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email and sent directly to email@example.com.
There will be no refunds or transfers for no-shows.
Refund requests received on or after 11/19/2023 will not be eligible for a refund, except in extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case request.
For questions about this event, please check out our GSWCF FAQ page
Click here to fill out the form for a waitlist spot. Please note this does not guarantee your registration into the event.