Adult Training: Basic Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT), 2/25/23, 8:00 AM
Grade Levels: Adult
Location: Camp Dorothy Thomas, 16119 Boyette Rd.
Riverview, FL 33569
Program Date: 2/25/2023
Event Fee: $5.00 per adult
Registration Deadline: 2/12/2023
*Pre-requisite: GSUSA Girl Scouts in the Outdoors On-Demand Webinar & Traveling Troops (Updated 2021)*
This course is a ONE-DAY training and provides basic outdoor instruction for taking your girls' CABIN camping. Instruction includes fire safety, knife safety, knots, and outdoor cooking using a wood fire, charcoal, and propane stove. An introduction to Leave No Trace Principles and girl-led outdoor experience progressions (planning for & doing) is also included. A BOLT-trained adult is responsible for training the girls in these skills, along with all other adults attending troop camping trips. Recommended for Troop Leaders & Troop Helpers.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the training to meet with the facilitator in the main parking lot.
Participants should be dressed in comfortable clothes that are weather/environment appropriate and that can get dirty/wet.
Participants are required to wear closed-toed shoes.
Participants should bring a full, refillable water bottle, and bag lunch (no refrigeration needed), and are welcome to bring a snack.
All other meals will be included.
A confirmation email will be sent two weeks before the event, identifying the required forms and materials to bring to the training.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email and sent directly to email@example.com
- There will be no refunds or transfers for no-shows.
- Refund requests received on or after 2/12/2023 will not be eligible for a refund, except in extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case request.
- For questions about this event, please check out our GSWCF FAQ page
- Click here to fill out the form for a waitlist spot. Please note this does not guarantee your registration into the event.