Repost: GS Blog
We’re excited to announce that today, National S’mores Day, we’re celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouts selling cookies by introducing the new Girl Scout S’mores™ cookies. That’s right! We’re combining two iconic Girl Scout traditions—s’mores and Girl Scout Cookies! Joining legendary classics like Thin Mints® and Caramel deLites®/Samoas®, the new Girl Scout S’mores™ cookies will be carried in select markets during the 2017 cookie season.
And it gets even better! As a nod to the different ways people “s’more,” the new variety includes two versions: a crispy graham cookie double dipped in a crème icing and enrobed in a chocolatey coating and a crunchy graham sandwich cookie with a chocolate and marshmallowy filling. The cookies will be the first new addition to the Girl Scout Cookie lineup since 2015.
To celebrate the new Girl Scout S’mores™ cookies, many Girl Scout councils around the country will be hosting campfires tonight and beyond, inviting communities to join in the fun of making s’mores and learn more about the exciting and impactful programs Girl Scouts offers girls. To see if your local council is participating in a National S'mores Day event, visit their website.
Now that we’ve told you how we s’more, we want to know—how do yous’more? Yesterday we asked our Facebook and Instagram fans the same question and we collected our favorites:
- Our Scout doesn't like hers toasted at all! Loves the campfire and songs, then pops the "raw" marshmallow right into her mouth.....yum! – Jeanne L.
- We put a roasted marshmallow between 2 Thin Mints. We also use Samosas & Tagalongs! So gooooood. – Autumn T.
- Charred and with a peanut butter cup! – Robyn S.
- We got a book out of the library all about s’mores with tons of recipes with different spins on s’mores. But we didn't do a single one! Turns out we are s’more purists. All we want is marshmallow, chocolate & graham crackers! – Shoshana K.
- Burnt Marshmallow between a Lemonade and a Thanks-A-Lot!! Yummy! – Suzanne L.
- Perfectly brown and bubbly, dark chocolate and cinnamon grahams. – Kathleen R.
- Browned, not charred. With peanut butter and dark chocolate. I roast, my daughter puts crackers, etc. together – we make a perfect team. – Nicole M.
- Rotisserie style. ...lightly brown all over. – Kristin S.
- You let it catch on fire let it burn for a little bit, and then you get it gooey and crunchy. – Elizabeth N.
- With a lot of friends. – Kathleen P.
As you can see, there’s no wrong way to eat a s’more! Join the conversation!
To learn more about the new cookie varieties and find out when Girl Scouts will be selling cookies near you, visit www.girlscoutcookies.org or use the official Girl Scout Cookie Finder app, free for your iOS or Android phone or mobile device. For more information about Girl Scouts and how to join or volunteer, visit www.girlscouts.org/join.