LEGO Robotics Teams
FIRST LEGO® League (FLL) introduces girls to STEM through robotics. Girls form teams and engage in activities to develop technical skills through robotics design and programming. Guided by adult volunteer coaches, girls learn teamwork and leadership skills. Each year, the national FIRST organization designates a specific topic for teams to address during the competitive year. The teams then work to develop a process or product through research-oriented community projects that promote awareness. Through FLL, girls develop valuable life skills and discover exciting career possibilities.
Through FIRST Robotics, Girl Scouts are able to:
- Design, build, test and program robots
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking and presentation skills
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Learn gracious professionalism through competitions and tournaments
Interested in starting a team? Learn More.