What About Parents?
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
If you’re having any issues logging in to your member community account, we have a quick walk through to help guide you. Just click here.
Wish there was a way for you to keep everything for your whole Girl Scout year in one place? Meet the Volunteer Toolkit, the web app that helps you make the most of every troop meeting!
Here's how it will save you time and help you plan:
- For Daisy Brownie and Junior troops, the Volunteer Toolkit comes with pre-populated plans for every meeting - a full year of Girl Scouts right there on your device!
- Cadette, Senior and Ambassador troops can access the toolkit as well! There's tons of great features now available to older girl troops.
- Multi-level troop leaders can now use the VTK and create their own custom year plans.
- NEW! Get the Girls Outside! New and enhanced feature of the VTK by adding outside activity options to badges and petals marked with one of the tree icons -
- For those of you who want to do your own thing, everything is fully customizable. You can add your own activities to plan, and if you want to change the order of activities, just drag and drop.
- The app runs on your home computer, tablet, or mobile device. No more hunting for the right activity or book!
All the resources you need are right here on the app.
You can also:
- Manage your troop finances
- Access your girl and family roster
- Track your girls' achievements and attendance
- Stay in touch with parents and share meeting plan information
What about parents? Wouldn't it be great if you could see what your daughter's troop or group is doing this year? Yes! You can access the toolkit to:
- See what your girl's troop or group is planning this year in an easy-to-use calendar view
- Stay in touch with your troop leader or other volunteers
- Find new ways to participate in the experience
Have you been using the toolkit? We'd love to hear your feedback! Visit Contact Us and fill out the online form.