With Hurricane Irma approaching Florida and all of the uncertainty that surrounds a catastrophic event of this nature, Girl Scouts of West Central Florida will be suspending all council activities and closing all camps, offices and stores from Thursday, September 7 through Monday, September 11.
Though our council’s area may not be affected by the force of the storm until into the weekend, we know it’s important for our staff, volunteers, parents and girls to have time to plan for any eventuality. We hope that this allows people time to focus on being prepared and taking any necessary precautions to protect their families and homes.
What this means for the next five days:
- The Girl Scout Leadership Center and Girl Scout Store will be closed.
- All camps will be closed as the rangers prepare the properties to weather the storm. Any planned events on our properties during this time are cancelled. Any funds paid will be refunded.
- All planned council activities, programs and trainings are cancelled. Any funds paid for events will be refunded.
- Telephone and online membership support will not be available.
- The Area Association meetings scheduled for Monday have been cancelled. We will record a session and post it next week.
- Any planned Girl Scout recruitment rallies are being cancelled.
Girl Scout Stores Closures & Shop on the Road
We have had to cancel this weekend's Shop on the Road delivery. However, for those who were counting on getting materials for upcoming events either at the Shop Stop or at one of our stores, we will be offering FREE SHIPPING for any locally purchased items by phone or email through our Tampa Girl Scout Store. Orders must be received by 5 PM, Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017 to be eligible for free shipping.
To place an order and get full details, contact Shari at 813-262-1833, or email her at email@example.com. Please note: THIS OFFER IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANY ORDERS THROUGH THE ONLINE GIRL SCOUT STORE, YOU MUST CALL OR EMAIL TO PLACE YOUR ORDER. Items will ship after Sept. 13.
Our next Shop on the Road is Sept. 30 - and we have more stops through next May - so be sure to get your orders in and we will bring them to you! See all the 2017-2018 Shop on the Road dates here.
Thank you for your understanding and please stay safe.
Be Prepared! Click here to read our hurricane preparation tips.