For the first time ever, Girl Scouts will appear in the 90th Anniversary Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® letting everyone see just how they’re building a better world, together, every single day!
Not in New York City to celebrate? That’s OK! Here are eight ways
you can be part of the fun right from your home.
1. Tune in! The 90th Anniversary Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade airs nationwide on NBC, Thursday, November 24, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to noon across time zones.
2. Play I Spy. There are so many awesome features on our Girl Scout float, including badges representing everything from STEM to the outdoors to financial literacy, a Girl Scout Gold Award symbol commemorating this year’s centennial, and more! So, why not make a game out of it? See how many items you and your family can identify when you see the float pass by on your television.
3. Get creative. Take I Spy to the next level by coloring your findings or drawing in your own favorite Girl Scout badges using the “Building a Better World” coloring sheet.
4. Dance it out. Rock out to Maddie & Tae as they join us on the Girl Scout float to perform. These rising stars are taking country music and girl power by storm, so it’s no surprise that one of them is a Girl Scout alumna!
5. Share with us. We want to see all the fun you’re having at home! Snap a picture, share on Instagram or Twitter using #GirlScoutsGiveBack and tagging @GirlScouts, and tell us why you love Girl Scouts for a chance to be featured on our social media pages!
6. Build a better world. As Girl Scouts, giving back is in our DNA! Accept the Girl Scout Challenge by telling us how you’re working to build a better world. Eight lucky Girl Scouts will be selected to win a $500 scholarship sponsored by MetLife Foundation—nice!
7. Bring family together. Whether you’re a fourth-generation Girl Scout or the first to put on the sash, Girl Scouting can touch all members of your family in positive ways. And what better time to talk about it than around the Thanksgiving dinner table? Share what you’re thankful for and think of what your family can do together to give back to those in need. In other words, take the lead, the Girl Scout way!
8. Give back. Giving Tuesday is right around the corner and we need your help to make Girl Scouts even stronger. Your investment—no matter how big or small—provides critical, life-changing, girl-led programming that combines life skills, STEM, the outdoors, and entrepreneurship with civic engagement: everything girls need to build a better world today, tomorrow, and always—for her, for you, and for all of us. Because when you invest in girls, you change the world! Donate today.
Now, that you’re ready to celebrate, don’t forget to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on Thanksgiving Day to catch some behind-the-scenes moments from the parade, and so much more!