Since it’s the holiday season it is a great time to have girls work on their My Promise, My Faith Awards.
The My Promise, My Faith Award is an award found within each grade level’s edition of the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting. Earning this award helps girls explore how Girl Scouting and their faith offer similar ideas about how to interact with the world around them—and how Girl Scouting can tie into their faiths. Girls can earn this national pin each year, it's easy! There are five steps to earning this award, check them out -
Steps to earn the pin:
1. Choose one line from the Girl Scout Law. Find a story, song, or poem from your faith with the same ideas. Talk with your family or friends about what that line of the Law and the story, song, or poem have in common.
2. Find a woman in your own or another faith community. Ask her how she tries to use that line of the Law in her life.
3. Gather three inspirational quotes by women that fit with that line of the Girl Scout Law. Put them where you can see them every day!
4. Make something to remind you of what you’ve learned. It might be a drawing, painting, or poster. You could also make up a story or a skit.
5. Keep the connection strong. Find out if your faith community offers a recognition program for Girl Scouts. Talk with your friends, family, or a group in your faith community about what you’ve learned about your faith and Girl Scouting. Ask them to help you live the Law and your faith. Maybe you can show them what you just made or perform your skit!
Adult volunteers from faith organizations partner with girls by:
- Linking the national pin into their faith’s religious recognitions
- Guiding girls through their personal faith journey
- Helping girls strengthen their understanding of their faith